Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Xbox 360 Parental Lock bypass
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 05:11:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Parental Lock bypass  (Read 60696 times)
Gigaah

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »

I got a unit with a parental lock. Is there any way to bypass it without contacting Microsoft to get some console specific reset code?
I tried guessing the code and guessing the reset "secret question" to no avail.

Thanks

Gigaah
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 02:18:53 PM »

why not call up MS? its only a matter of a few mins.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
gigabite
Xbox Hacker

.: Xplode Mods :.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:53:15 PM »

actually...just out of interest what happens WHEN you call up M$ - do they give you a specific code based on the boxes serial number to unlock the parental lock (if so how would that possibly work) and if not...could you post the code/fix to it here once you have it Huh

gigabite

.ISO  - he's a wannabe ... feel part of "t3h sc33n" yet ? QQ

coming 2009
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

I'll probably call Monday or Tuesday and post information on what I'm told. Myself I'm very curious how its unlocked. I'm guessing there is a master parental code based somehow on the units serial number. The parental code is a series of 4 button presses(X,Y, Lt,Rt,Lb,Rb D-pad). If you count the D-pad as up, down, left, or right that would be 10 digits..so could it be as simple as each button press corresponding to a number that directly relates to say the first or last 4 digits of the boxes serial number? I know the last 4 digits have two of the same number..so maybe we can gather some information from it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:43:14 PM by Gigaah » Logged
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:49:59 PM »

OK. I contacted microsoft and I got the parental lock cleared. These are the steps taken.

System Blade/console settings/system info
Once your on the page that lists you system info(serial number, kernel versione etc) you sequentially input
LT,LR,X,Y,LB,RB
At this point it seems the system is waiting for a command(duh) because If I hit the B button it takes a few seconds before you go back. Also if you type in an invalid 4 press code you shoot back to the console settings page.
She had me input a console specific(she says) code of YARY (R being right on the D-pad)
At that point it asked to reset the unit and upon boot it asked me the information it would normally ask if you had run initial setup.
I wasn't able to gather any info relative the the first or last 4 digits of the boxes serial number.
zillionare
Master Hacker

Global Modifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »

Good info...

seems the second part of the sequence is wrong... LT, LR??, X, Y, LB, LB ...didn't work ..but LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB...did.

peace,
zil

Why buy one, when you can buy two for twice the price.
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 04:26:47 PM »

oh i ment LT,RT,X,Y,LB,RB

and another note.. on the same console
X,L,X,Y
or anything L,X,Y will also initiate a full reset of all settings..sort of a super inital setup code
zillionare
Master Hacker

Global Modifier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 04:36:29 PM »

I take it you have a HD or memcard attached at the time your doing this.

peace,
zil

Why buy one, when you can buy two for twice the price.
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:40:29 PM »

No. Nothing is attached as specified by MS on the phone.

It would be interesting if these codes were directly related to the console Id or serial number and the translation could be cracked. Makes you wonder what other sort of codes are floating around or if there is another initialization (as apposed to lt,rt,x,y,lb,rb).

The YARY code they gave me also seems to work with anything A,R,Y the first input doesn't seem to effect it.

If that boils the clear code down to 3 inputs. Assuming only X Y A B LT RT LB RB + four directions Thatd be what?  a mere 1728 combinations? Seems someone with spare time could knock that one out. I also came up with 2 codes on the one unit that resets all family lockouts, tv resolution settings etc.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:09:36 PM by Gigaah » Logged
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »

eh
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:44:06 PM by Gigaah » Logged
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »

Well I'm able to unlock every running unit in my house(for interested parties that is 10 units I've unlocked one includes my elite). I've not figured out the EXACT correlation ..maybe I never will. But it only takes 2 minutes to do it. I'll report more later.
gigabite
Xbox Hacker

.: Xplode Mods :.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 05:03:16 AM »

sweet man thanks Smiley

appreciate it - gigabite

.ISO  - he's a wannabe ... feel part of "t3h sc33n" yet ? QQ

coming 2009
Gigaah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »

Well I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands between working for the man 50-60 hours a week + other business. So here is what I got.

On any given unit you go to the system info tab(where it shows the serial number and console ID kernel version etc)
Press
Lt,Rt,X,Y,Lb,Rb
Then press any other button 4 times. I started with the D-pad Up, Down, Left, Right then the  X,Y,A,B
I've not had any units yet that were triggers..but i suppose its possible that out of 10 units none of them were that.

Really you don't have to hit the same button 4 times..as long as the last button press is the one tied to your console.
Where they gave me the parental unlock code YARY all I had to do it press Y as the last button and it would work.

Well hopefully this is new information and I actually figured out something new...either that or I wasted 2 hours of my time trying to figure something out that is already known. LOL
graydiggy
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »

it worked for me. my last button to push is the down button on the D-pad. thanks for the great info. Grin

Sir, if you dont like your cheeseburger, go somewhere else. I still get paid the same whether you come here or not.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: