XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 06:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Xecutor Connectivity Kit Mishap = 1/2 Brick Drive - Help  (Read 2543 times)
Zekes

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006, 11:51:21 PM »

I screwed up, It was late, Iwas tired....blah blah, but I revesrsed the wires too the executor connectivity kit and my hitachi drive. The kit went kabloo but I' ve resoldered and fixed it.

My DVD drive will not eject or read anything in the console. When on computer I call use wxripper to eject / load the drive and it will read disks.

I have ordered a new drive but was wondering if I could save my old one as everthing seems to be working, just not from the console

P.S. The connectivity kit will not eject the drive either.

Thanks for any help u can provide

Zekes
trick91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »

nope its bricked.  i did the same thing.  read the Bricks post above. 
[fusion]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 06:31:15 AM »

there is some regulation on the board, maybe just need to replace couple of resistors, have a look on the board to see if there is anything burned out, maybe around IC501.

Zekes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 05:13:18 PM »

Somebody mentioned that u could play the games in mode B. I get please put this disk in an xbox 360 with an original when I'm in mode"B" on the console. I have checked and my key is still correct and in the right spot.

Any ideas?
eyric101
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:21:51 PM »

I would flash your original bin back.  You arn't actually playing in modeb, when the xbox starts in modeb, then it detects the dvd and switches back to normal state.  just the drive being semi bricked wouldnt' cause the error your getting, that is the firmware.
dave11674

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »

i have this exact same problem mate
exactly same as you
i cannot see anythign burnt on the dvd drives mobo
nothgin at all
there must be soem point on this board we can connect to ground or +v to make it eject Smiley

dave
caster420
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 07:51:24 AM »

Working on it - just did have any time this weekend.  Damn siblings needing house repairs.  Hopefully tonight i will work on momentary switch installation (shouldnt take long) and swaping controller chips.

Caster.
Abaddon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 05:53:13 AM »

What do you mean with "reversed the wires" ? I'm curious, because I have a connectivity Kit here but I haven't used it yet. So if theres a way to brick your drive by using it the wrong way I'd like to know. I already almost bricked my HDD because it is the xeno connectivity Kit and theres no booklet, sketch, instructions on how to connect it correctly, and there are two possibilities. One of them is obviously not healthy for your hdd, you can smell it  Wink
But for some reason it still works like a charm. Now I don't want this to happen with my DVD-Drive, so please tell me what you did wrong.
Zekes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 11:42:14 PM »

Just pay special attention to the tabs on the wire....they will go in either way....if you put them upside down...your bricked
theghoul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »

Did the same thing. Drive doesnt spin.

That connectivity kit can go in either way.

Was still able to dump the firm tho.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: