Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
3 RROD after flashing, even with original NAND
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 01:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 RROD after flashing, even with original NAND  (Read 1257 times)
bdb300487

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »

Hi there,

I guess I made a BIG mistake: Got here a Falcon with CB 5771 (yeah, the one unsupportet!) , wired up the USB SPI Flasher and made several dumps of my NAND. I didn't noticed that it is a 5771 and not a 5770 , so I tried to flash it with Xell and booted it. JTAG was also wired up, but as supposed it didn't work. So I flashed the original back and it didn't worked at first. Then I unsoldered the JTAG and reflashed it again, all fine and it was working again. I still was stupid enough to not check the CB and tried again to flash another Xell image, JTAG rewired, not working, flashing back original und now I have a RROD with 3 lamps and no video output... did M$ noticed the JTAG and blew another eFUSE!?!? WTF, why did it worked in the first place? I guess its bricked now or can I do anything about?! (except glitching, and I'm not even sure with that)... thanks for any help.

greetz
bdb

PS: I noticed that it switches my powersupply from orange to red, never saw this before....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:25:45 AM by bdb300487 » Logged
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »

That's usually a short circuit, you probably damaged a point or shorted one, or lost a small solder ball on the board.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
bdb300487

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »

well I checked to whole board 10 times, and even cleaned it with a special liquid to remove any stains of the flux, everything I added is removed. So this should not be the case... here is a pic: http://imageshack.us/f/528/1003484d.jpg/

greetz

PS:the power switches for a split second to green before becoming red
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:13:11 AM by bdb300487 » Logged
Gazcoigne
Xbox Hacker

Suckin Diesel since 1983

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:28:57 PM »

red PSU = shortcircuit

nothing to do with flux lol

go over the board with a soft toothbrush making sure to hit all areas around all chips and BGA's etc

you have most likely got a minute solder splash somewhere that is causing a short circuit

bdb300487

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 03:29:32 PM »

I tried as you said, but no change. I guess this is the cleanest box now I've ever seen. But regarding a short I have some questions: if its really a short, why can it boot for 1 sec. (green lamp in the middle) and then showing some RROD, also why is the flash controller still working (reading/writing the NAND still worked), because I would expect nothing to happen at all...

PS:I ordered a matrix II glitcher, let's see what will happen...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:41:00 PM by bdb300487 » Logged
bdb300487

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »

ok, I got the glitcher but still no change. I still can't find a short, changed ROL board and PSU. So my result is BRICKED. But I had another box lying around and glitched that one, now I have what I wanted and I'm happy as s#*t. Just a curious question: can have that "Xbox 360 Launcher" dash from a dev kit box or does it need to be real dev kit (with eFuses set up)?

PS:glitch at work, fu*k you M$: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/1003486b.jpg/
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: