XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 07:15:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Noobie basics on region encoding  (Read 710 times)
fatllama

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »

I'm an innocent victim of region encoding (honest) having moved from the UK to the US and upgraded my 360 in the process.  Now I can't play my legit UK games for region encoding issues.  I've been googling for a few hours, and I think I'm screwed but I'm not sure.  Can anyone help answer the following?

1.  What causes an XBox to get banned from live?  JTAG, changing the region encoding on the drive, or playing copied games?  I'm keen on using Live, so don't want to risk this too much.
2.  Do the flash hacks for region encoding work on a non-JTAG'd box?  I have no intention of physically mod'ing anything.
3.  Is there any hack that will allow both US and UK games to be played without continuously flashing back and forth?

It just seems crap that I have a library of games that I can't play just because I moved a few thousand miles.

I wonder why MS couldn't operate a service by which you send in your old out-of-region games and get sent legit, modified, MS-authorized copies back for a small fee....
mattjk
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »

Region marking consoles is such a PITA!

If you want to use your console on Xbox live your out of luck im afraid. Since altering the Region (which is stored in the keyvault) would result in red rings.... We cant touch the KV unfortunately.

If you plan on glitching the console (Google - RGH) then this doesnt matter but you will sacrifice XBL..

There was a chap who had a very similar issue as yours i remember a while back ill try and dig the thread up for your info.
phonsey
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »

Region marking consoles is such a PITA!

If you want to use your console on Xbox live your out of luck im afraid. Since altering the Region (which is stored in the keyvault) would result in red rings.... We cant touch the KV unfortunately.

If you plan on glitching the console (Google - RGH) then this doesnt matter but you will sacrifice XBL..

There was a chap who had a very similar issue as yours i remember a while back ill try and dig the thread up for your info.

send me ur nand dump and cpu key and ill make it PAL region for you Cheesy

not all xbox has kv hashing m8 as i have changed lots of xbox region for customers so they could play that metal gear solid collection games lol u will have to dump the nand get cpu key and decrypt ur keyvault to check if it can be altered or if sum1 want to give u a donor kv that will work aswell Cheesy

use this tool that will tell u if it can be modded or not http://megaupload.com/?d=06227J7A
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:06:57 PM by phonsey » Logged
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39:40 AM »

Updating your console in another country does NOT modify your region code.

1) yes, there is no region code on the drive, yes.
2) No.
3) Yes, with RGH, but no live then.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
phonsey
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:05:19 AM »

Updating your console in another country does NOT modify your region code.

1) yes, there is no region code on the drive, yes.
2) No.
3) Yes, with RGH, but no live then.

wat i mean is that he can change out the keyvault with a UK or USA keyvault which ever he needs i can help him he only needs to use RGH to get cpu key! if he wants me to do it for him and give him a spare unbanned kv ill b more than helpful ;-) but there only one thing that let it ask is wat happens wen u want to play a game from amercia aka NTSC region? ur really makin it harder on urself just leave it as it is
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:08:03 AM by phonsey » Logged
mattjk
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:00:57 AM »

Yeah sorry I forgot to account you could send your KV to some random on the web and exchange it for another  Cheesy

Best situation is to get a new box they are cheap enough now anyway..
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: