Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Xbox Slim Lite-On 1071
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 03:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Xbox Slim Lite-On 1071  (Read 5673 times)
BobClincton

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:22:51 AM »

Hello,
I recently bought an Xbox 360 slim and wanted to flash the lite-on DG-16D4S 1071 DVD drive. I have looked online how this can be done and ran into JungleFlasher. I have read the tutorial but I seem to be having difficulties with the flashing process. What I have done is opened up my 360 and tried hooking up the SATA port from the lite-on to my on-board SATA plug. I don't know if I am doing this the right way since I have run into people discussing drilling(?) and modifying certain parts of their drive. Anyways, I have tried to hook it up to my PC's on-board SATA port and I kept getting the 0x51 error while trying to get the SlimKey. Also I have noticed the "DVD Key" says something similar to not found (both on my 32bit PC). On my 64-bit PC, it can't even recognize the DVD drive. I have then bought a 3-to-1 SATA/IDE-to-USB adapter (read online that it might work, bought a Vantec $20 cheap one), and unfortunately, it doesn't even show up on the 32-bit PC but shows up with troubleshoot icon in win7 device manager on my 64bit PC. But again, the JungleFlasher doesn't detect anything (except my current DVD drives).

For those wondering:
I am currently running Win7 Pro 64 (portio64 working), but also have tried on my other PC running Win7 Pro 32.
The Xbox is powering the Lite-on drive.
haven't opened the DVD drive itself.
The SATA-USB comes w/o drivers, the drive shows up (in device manager and "device and printers") only when the i connect the drive and it is powered on with a troubleshoot icon and says it has failed to start.

I am currently trying to avoid (and save 60$) but if I have to, I might consider getting the "Xecuter CK3i", if it will help me flash my lite-on. Also if I do buy it, would it require anything else (excluding JF)? A tutorial for that would also be handy.

Sorry for the long and noob-ish questions, I'm new to flashing Xbox's.
If someone can point me to the right direction, redirect me to a more basic but thorough tutorial, or any information, please let me know... I currently feel like I have wasted my time and money on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Sincerely,
BobClincton.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:24:22 AM by BobClincton » Logged
Xumpy
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:50:19 AM »

The jungleflasher tutorial is the best tutorial there is. Download it from their site all the info you need is in there...

Once your mind is running, returning to its original state feels like standing still.
BobClincton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »

The jungleflasher tutorial is the best tutorial there is. Download it from their site all the info you need is in there...

That's the tutorial I tried to follow but it doesn't help me with my 0x51 error or anything. Also, I asked about the drilling and what not... There is no mention of drilling anywhere (from what I can see).
CoDeFl@sher
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:10 PM »

Hello,
I recently bought an Xbox 360 slim and wanted to flash the lite-on DG-16D4S 1071 DVD drive. I have looked online how this can be done and ran into JungleFlasher. I have read the tutorial but I seem to be having difficulties with the flashing process. What I have done is opened up my 360 and tried hooking up the SATA port from the lite-on to my on-board SATA plug. I don't know if I am doing this the right way since I have run into people discussing drilling(?) and modifying certain parts of their drive. Anyways, I have tried to hook it up to my PC's on-board SATA port and I kept getting the 0x51 error while trying to get the SlimKey. Also I have noticed the "DVD Key" says something similar to not found (both on my 32bit PC). On my 64-bit PC, it can't even recognize the DVD drive. I have then bought a 3-to-1 SATA/IDE-to-USB adapter (read online that it might work, bought a Vantec $20 cheap one), and unfortunately, it doesn't even show up on the 32-bit PC but shows up with troubleshoot icon in win7 device manager on my 64bit PC. But again, the JungleFlasher doesn't detect anything (except my current DVD drives).

For those wondering:
I am currently running Win7 Pro 64 (portio64 working), but also have tried on my other PC running Win7 Pro 32.
The Xbox is powering the Lite-on drive.
haven't opened the DVD drive itself.
The SATA-USB comes w/o drivers, the drive shows up (in device manager and "device and printers") only when the i connect the drive and it is powered on with a troubleshoot icon and says it has failed to start.

I am currently trying to avoid (and save 60$) but if I have to, I might consider getting the "Xecuter CK3i", if it will help me flash my lite-on. Also if I do buy it, would it require anything else (excluding JF)? A tutorial for that would also be handy.

Sorry for the long and noob-ish questions, I'm new to flashing Xbox's.
If someone can point me to the right direction, redirect me to a more basic but thorough tutorial, or any information, please let me know... I currently feel like I have wasted my time and money on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Sincerely,
BobClincton.

Hi BobClincton,every version of JF comes with a detailed tutorial for each hacked drive(phat or Slim) under "Docomentation" folder. This is a trusted guide to follow and on page 207 you will find info related to your slim drive version(1071) and also a "Note" in red  warning that very few chipsets are known to work reliably for 0225 and subsequent drives...and in my opinion this is why you cant get the slimkey dump. I think that the best option for you will be purchase the x360usbpro once this device can detect the drive,no matter which chipset your motherboard have.
Gazcoigne
Xbox Hacker

Suckin Diesel since 1983

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »

purchase an xbox360usb

dump the drive info

purchase an unlocked PCB either TX or Matrix Freedom

flash your CFW to the unlocked PCB

install into drive chassis

job done no drilling required!!

no offense but if you cant read a simple tutorial and see the big warning in red, you will 100% kill your drive trying to kamikaze drill it.

every single shred of info required for your particular drive is in that tutorial, so the fact you simply skipped over the important parts because you didnt understand it does not bode you well my friend.

BobClincton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:58 PM »

Hi BobClincton,every version of JF comes with a detailed tutorial for each hacked drive(phat or Slim) under "Docomentation" folder. This is a trusted guide to follow and on page 207 you will find info related to your slim drive version(1071) and also a "Note" in red  warning that very few chipsets are known to work reliably for 0225 and subsequent drives...and in my opinion this is why you cant get the slimkey dump. I think that the best option for you will be purchase the x360usbpro once this device can detect the drive,no matter which chipset your motherboard have.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking of doing, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't an error on my side.

purchase an xbox360usb

dump the drive info

no offense but if you cant read a simple tutorial and see the big warning in red, you will 100% kill your drive trying to kamikaze drill it.

every single shred of info required for your particular drive is in that tutorial, so the fact you simply skipped over the important parts because you didnt understand it does not bode you well my friend.

Ok thanks for the information bro, but please don't assume that I didn't read/skip the tutorial. Fact is I did read it and I thought it was an error on my part since I read people have accomplished it using either a VIA 6241 SATA PCI card or even with an on-board SATA port. Some guy even mentioned to use a 3-in-1 cheap SATA to USB converter which should boot the drive in Mode B. Like I've also mentioned, I'm a new to Xbox's so I don't know much about this.

Thanks for your helps, one last question. I am looking into the Xecuter CK3i, but they also sell the X360USB Pro, what is the difference? I've read (from the seller's website) that for the X360USB Pro, you would need the "CK3 Pro". Can someone please clarify this?

Thanks,
BobClincton
Gazcoigne
Xbox Hacker

Suckin Diesel since 1983

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

modeb is for hitachi drives nothing to do at all with slim liteons

i suggest you read the tutorial several times more to understand what is what, as you seem confused between drive requirements, not dissin you man just sayin read up a bit more Wink

the CKi is the successor of the now discontinued CK3 Pro, basically the same thing a molex to 360 power adaptor

you need x360USB to communicate, unlock and flash the drive over USB, it removes the compatibility issues with different SATA ports.

you need to identify the chipset vendor and see if its winbond or MXIC, then you can plan your drive unlock method, drilling the chip for winbond or sputnik hack for MXIC

good luck!

CoDeFl@sher
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »

Thanks, that is what I was thinking of doing, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't an error on my side.

purchase an xbox360usb

dump the drive info

Ok thanks for the information bro, but please don't assume that I didn't read/skip the tutorial. Fact is I did read it and I thought it was an error on my part since I read people have accomplished it using either a VIA 6241 SATA PCI card or even with an on-board SATA port. Some guy even mentioned to use a 3-in-1 cheap SATA to USB converter which should boot the drive in Mode B. Like I've also mentioned, I'm a new to Xbox's so I don't know much about this.

Thanks for your helps, one last question. I am looking into the Xecuter CK3i, but they also sell the X360USB Pro, what is the difference? I've read (from the seller's website) that for the X360USB Pro, you would need the "CK3 Pro". Can someone please clarify this?

Thanks,
BobClincton

BobClincton ,X360usb Pro is related to exchange data between your drive and JungleFlasher, trough PC usb port. The CK3i provides power to the drive to be flashed.
Gazcoigne
Xbox Hacker

Suckin Diesel since 1983

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 04:25:58 AM »

BobClincton ,X360usb Pro is related to exchange data between your drive and JungleFlasher, trough PC usb port. The CK3i provides power to the drive to be flashed.

did i not just tell him that, over an hour before this post?

BobClincton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »

modeb is for hitachi drives nothing to do at all with slim liteons

i suggest you read the tutorial several times more to understand what is what, as you seem confused between drive requirements, not dissin you man just sayin read up a bit more Wink

the CKi is the successor of the now discontinued CK3 Pro, basically the same thing a molex to 360 power adaptor

you need x360USB to communicate, unlock and flash the drive over USB, it removes the compatibility issues with different SATA ports.

you need to identify the chipset vendor and see if its winbond or MXIC, then you can plan your drive unlock method, drilling the chip for winbond or sputnik hack for MXIC

good luck!

lol yea my bad, was just pissed that i opened the 360 and was gettin nowhere. ok yea thanks, I might just reassemble the whole thing and let it sit for a couple of weeks. The x360usb is a bit too much right now and i would also need to get the modified board since i dont trust myself soldering (if it's a MXIC) nor will i try to kamikaze  it (winbond). Anyways, thanks alot bro. when i feel i have the money, i will try it. just a final question, if i power my drive using the 360, i wouldn't need to get the ck3 or cki? I could do the flashing and all with only the x360usb?
mackbuddy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

wouldn't need to get the ck3 or cki?
Ck3 lite would work and is cheap.
DeXteR_CwB

Brazil

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:17 PM »

purchase an xbox360usb

dump the drive info

This !! Kamikaze is not for newbies !!

Sorry for my bad english, mas no portuguêis eu çou fera !! Cheesy
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: