XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 07:14:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the blueray married to? (cpu,nand..ect..ect?)  (Read 1087 times)
ChipD
Hacker

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

Now that we almost have full access, whats stopping us from changing the key (ps3 mobo side) to match a different blueray drive controller.I got a ps3 with the single lens and im tired of the laser burning out.Much easier to get a dual lens drive that has a less failure rate.

stoker25
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »

info about this can be found at http://ps3wiki.lan.st/index.php/Basic_Bluray_disc_authentication_procedure

The authentication procedure itself is done through the use of a per Blu-Ray drive key pair, one being located on the drive controller itself while the other is stored encrypted in the playstation 3's EID area located on NAND.
EID area? not sure what that is, one place I think it might be inside is the registry file, although i'm not sure what setting it would be under.
ChipD
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

info about this can be found at http://ps3wiki.lan.st/index.php/Basic_Bluray_disc_authentication_procedure

The authentication procedure itself is done through the use of a per Blu-Ray drive key pair, one being located on the drive controller itself while the other is stored encrypted in the playstation 3's EID area located on NAND.
EID area? not sure what that is, one place I think it might be inside is the registry file, although i'm not sure what setting it would be under.

Thanks for the spoon feed. Grin
Well Im not sure what the EID area is either, but i'll read up on it.The good thing is its located in the data on the nand.If we can decrypt the data on the nands, we could swap keys no problem.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: