^ wanting to join the mass with my stupid topic title
I was having to do a drive swap for a customer of mine. Hitachi wouldn't read games anymore what he said. It did read games just fine before, so I figured an easy fix.
But no sir.
I have come to the conclusion flash appears broken.
- The console shows the ROL animation onscreen, stalls a while there, and then goes into E64.
- When powering my CK3 with drive attached to my Nforce 2 Ultra, XP will be all slow and unresponsive (not a complete freeze)
- PC will stall on powerup with the drive powered on (doesn't even show BIOS)
- XP will hang on bootscreen (tried to power it on bootup)
- Tray will not eject anymore (on PC / Xbox 360)
- If i boot the console without sata attached to the DVD drive, and press the eject, it briefly blinks, console will say "opening" for 1 sec, then go to "close tray"...
If i hit the eject again, it's "closing" , and shorty after it will say "reading", then immediatly go to "open tray" again (this is the cycle)Anyone able to read it externally for me with a programmer for a good price (PM me)
Or have a hint on a possible fix.. I really doubt there is any, I have searched.. It's a 8948 dash so no JTAG
Thought I had a backup of his firmware.. He's a regular.. But didn't turn out to be the right one (He had this one modded loooong time ago elsewhere)
Lesson to be learned, ALWAYS keep your backup firmware safe for your consoles. Don't expect the drive to be able to dump the firmware (that's what my thought used to be). If I had the backup firmware, he's be fixed already.