Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Locked down Network Access
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 01:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Locked down Network Access  (Read 1740 times)
djboo

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »

Ive been playing around with the XDK network samples - particularly the http socket example - with the intention of making some form of net access along the lines of an FTP server to make deploying homebrew easier.

I'm not having any joy including running the examples unmodded. Im thinking the following line gives away the reason:

xnsp.cfgFlags = XNET_STARTUP_BYPASS_SECURITY;   // Allow unsecured communications. Only relevant on the Xbox 360 development kit,
    // This flag is silently ignored when when running on retail hardware.

Im guessing even tho we are allowed unsigned code - this limitation still exists. Is there a way round this? Do I need to wait for more firmware mods? Can a dev bios be flashed to a retail?

On a side note - would a dedicated coding section be wise?
littlestevie360
Master Hacker

past the point of caring

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:56:43 AM »

if you had access to a devkit kernel and a retail kernel you could potentially compare the routines related to network access and try to add in the dev functions by patching retail kernel using freeboot patches.S
djboo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:29:50 AM »

i think thats outside of my skill level Sad

weirdly - im not even a c++ programmer (just about every other language include c# and ASM)

I guess I'll be patient until the Freeboot boffins get this done Wink
Chan163

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »

Not only the dev kits can have unencrypted network traffic, the retails too. Just look at the media streaming features. So I guess the code created by the XDK will check if it's a retail box or a dev kit if that flag is set and just allow unencrypted traffic accordingly. So either the XDK has to be modified or the kernel has to be patched to trick the XDK code into recognizing the console as dev kit.
Bydox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »

How do you know the video streaming is not encrypted?  Doesn't it only work with MS server apps such as Windows Media Center?
iLLNESS
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »

How do you know the video streaming is not encrypted?  Doesn't it only work with MS server apps such as Windows Media Center?

it uses standard SMB protocol. and i highly doubt linux distros using samba would work if m$ had it encrypted between 360s and windows based OS's
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: