I have XBR v3a working on my Falcon v3.0 motherboard, using the new 1.03 firmware and 1.08 toolbox, I will explain in a minute how I achieved this.
First off though: For those wondering why just injecting the patched SMC generated by the Cygnos toolbox doesn't work, the SMC only makes up 3000 of the 4200 parts the first block consists of, without the rest you'll get E-79.
So how do we get an SMC patched first block? Simple, we pinch it from xbins :p.
1) Download Cygnos360 v2 Xell Images Collection & the required XBR image from Xbins.
2) Replace the KV and Config blocks in the XBR image with the ones from your original dump using NANDPRO.
3) Extract the first block from the Falcon XELL using nandpro, name it smc.bin
4) Flash smc.bin to the XBR image, don't worry about defining blocks, as its only 1 block long anyway
5) Power cycle your box and away your go!