Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Trying to get the key from a dead LiteOn 74850C
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 06:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to get the key from a dead LiteOn 74850C  (Read 8685 times)
Vampirtc
Hacker

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:53:36 AM »

I was trying to read firmware from an already flashed Liteon 74850C which had R707 and R708 soldered. By mistake I touched the board with spear probe on another point and it seems it killed it.
Now drive doesn't work anymore, not even open/eject.

What I need is the key from the drive. I tried the new method which is used for Liteon V3 and V4 without success. JungleFlasher always reports the drive stats as 0x80 and it doesn't recognize it.
The only thing that is different is that the MT1319L chip on ther drive board gets hot very quickly.

Any idea what else can I try? Xbox 360 is brand new and the JTAG won't work.
kainy
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 06:45:29 AM »

Try the new method using dosflash to read the flash chip. The other method I can think of is nearly absurd, but in the absence of another solutions, you can take another liteon drive ( get the key from it ) and change the flashchip with the one from the bricked one. If the problem on the bricked one isn't in the flash chip, it would read the key. But if the flashed chip is messed up, the console is done for.
littlestevie360
Master Hacker

past the point of caring

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 08:26:07 AM »

Try the new method using dosflash to read the flash chip. The other method I can think of is nearly absurd, but in the absence of another solutions, you can take another liteon drive ( get the key from it ) and change the flashchip with the one from the bricked one. If the problem on the bricked one isn't in the flash chip, it would read the key. But if the flashed chip is messed up, the console is done for.

your absurd idea truely is absurd as the flash chip is embedded in the same package as the mtk
alexxandrepeixoto

ALEXXANDRERJ -xbox live gamertag. Brasilllllll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »

Yeasterday i recover 1 LiteOn 74xxx using this method.

Power On your computer With XBOX 360 OFF before conect you SATA  Cable and Start your "Windows XP or Seven" and Open JF 1.67 or 1.69 in JF open the "TAB MTK" and see the correct "SATA Port" of your XBOX360 and in your XBOX 360 Power On With your LiteOn Sata Cable conected in PC and the Power Cord conected in your Drive ok but the "Jungle Flasher" is not reconized i know, but go to your Sata and choose another and back again for your Sata Port

*e.g: 0xF00 change to another like 0xFB0 and back for your where your drive was conected like 0xF00.

Ok now go to "LiteOn Erase" and try various time and in one moment your drive was be come again in vendor mode, if it was not work with you try using vendor modem from "Device ID Intro" if your drive was not reconized no problema only try cause is not 100% right to works but i recovery 3 LiteOn using this method.

My credits is for my Best Friend ALEXG4 or ALXG4.
Ok i waiting for your reply.

Good lucky. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Playing PlaySatation 3 and XBox 360 in Brasil and waitingo for a new way to play Xbox Games in HDD without use DVD-R in Drive. Ohhh Yeahhhh!
Neptune
Master Hacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »

He needs the key, erase will delete the key LOL

alexxandrepeixoto

ALEXXANDRERJ -xbox live gamertag. Brasilllllll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 05:00:05 PM »

Yes u is right about this but if their haved the key is no problem otherway dont do this..

Thanks to u reminder..

Playing PlaySatation 3 and XBox 360 in Brasil and waitingo for a new way to play Xbox Games in HDD without use DVD-R in Drive. Ohhh Yeahhhh!
littlestevie360
Master Hacker

past the point of caring

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 12:22:02 AM »

Yes u is right about this but if their haved the key is no problem otherway dont do this..

Thanks to u reminder..
lol in the topic title he says hes trying to get the key, whats not straight forward about that?
DRAVEN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »

have you tryed Dosflash but you have to have the drive open as if to use the probe so u can eject the drive manually I have to do this if the drive locks up Wink

I do when I have the key:
boot to dosflash and type

C:\dosflash l-o-eras (port)   (then hit enter)

you need f72 i beleave then turn ur conectivity kit off
 look at this.. Wink
Hope it helps...

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5801391525807200902
JungleJim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:10:38 AM »

If the drive's MTK chip is dead ducked... I MAY be possible to retrieve the key directly from the SPI... IF you can find someone to decap it for you, but I doubt if this would be cost effective... these flash devices seem quite resilient when on their own package, flash devices from benq and hitachi drive generally survive a bad power situation..
BoXXDr
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 01:15:27 PM »

I am frequently sent drive circuit boards for recovery/repair and i have had ZERO success recovering any lite-on that gets instantly hot when plugged into power.
I think decapping is the only option and as already stated thats just not cost effective.

I created a similar thread on xbox-scene http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=699795
Vampirtc
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »

Thanks for the help, please post if you make any progress.
smac

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »

I beleive i used the dos method and a program called liteon_e to put the drive in the correct status to read then used jungle to read the firmware. I am not sure where I found that dos app though sorry. I can send it to u if u wanna email me or something. The program doesnt erase the drive it just changes the status so that u can read/write to the drive
DRAVEN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »

Yes it l-o-eras you have to power on the drive and use a screwdriver to eject the drive power it of close drive half way then run l-o-eras *****
*****= port number
Oggy
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 12:49:09 PM »

Do not erase it like the recent posters are suggesting.

Your only hope *is* decap, like Boxxdr, Ive a couple of "shorted" drives with power lead upside down.

All, of them heat the MT1319L chip up, quickly, and all have been unrecoverable.

I wont suggest warranty fraud, so deap would appear your only option.
bill16504

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »

Is it possible to dump the nand and retrieve the key with 360 Flash Tool?
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »

not unless you have your cpu key.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
bill16504

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »

Gotcha. I've flashed a few nands with xbr, but haven't done anything as far as dumping a nand to try recover a dvd key.

A guy brought me a Xenon with a dead Lite On drive. The console is completely stock and it's the LO board that was bad. It gets too hot to touch. Won't eject. He's running 8955, so no jtag.

But for future reference for consoles that could be jtag'd, looking at the dump with 360 Flash Dump Tool, in the "Key" menu, I'd want to check the cpu key box and fill in the cpu info there, and that would display the kv info, correct?

Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

yep. or you can flash xellous and it'll show you the key on screen and via http.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
bill16504

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »

Thank you Arakon, I appreciate the info.
smac

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »

Do not erase it like the recent posters are suggesting.

Your only hope *is* decap, like Boxxdr, Ive a couple of "shorted" drives with power lead upside down.

All, of them heat the MT1319L chip up, quickly, and all have been unrecoverable.

I wont suggest warranty fraud, so deap would appear your only option.

as stated in my previous responce, l-o-eras does not erase the drive. it simply puts it back into to staus 72 which is for reading and writing to the drive. If the drive is not fried, this will work for him to get the key from the drive.
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: