XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 05:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: need a little info about the Optional Media Update  (Read 4060 times)
geep6

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:19:26 AM »

i was wondering what file number the 360 assigns to it on the hard-drive or memory card i guess its standardized like the game saves thanks
l_oliveira
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »

\Content\0000000000000000\FFFE07DF\00000002   <- Optional Media Update goes here.  Yaris-Swap it then dump it at that path. Should work from any storage device that works for game saves.

It's a Rough World
geep6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »

thanks l_oliveira got  it working
NinjaAndry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »

I'll try tomorrow!!
By the way...anyone knows about the AAC update for the ipod (external storage) support..where it goes,folder name ecc..??
l_oliveira
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

How you trigger the install ? Plug a IPOD in ?

It's a Rough World
B1N4RY
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:32 PM »

isn't the AAC update part of the dixv update as well (stored in the same container)?
majinsoftware

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 04:59:08 AM »

The ipod update has its own file, And yaris patching it works also.
There should be 2 files in folder 00000002 one for mpeg4 and one for the ipod.
l_oliveira
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 08:03:58 AM »

Is the IPOD one a 2MB file ? If so I already have it... Tongue

It's a Rough World
NinjaAndry

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »

I don't know..i plug my IPOD 4gen (40gb..like u2version) in and xbox see it,its playlists and contents
but when i try to listen music it fails and report error like divx addon
I've two files inside,5mb and 2mb...i'll try asap to use yaris on them (one is for sure divx update...i think it's the 2mb file...'cause is the same i've on pc hdd...download with torrent)
And checking on xbox live (via pc) M$ reports IPOD update in 5mb

I'm talkin about AAC update...IPOD with MP3 files should work from day one,like any other storage with MP3

---------------
..my apologize
I've only one file in FFE07DF/..02/ that is 69BCC..is about 2mb
'Cause I saw on the XBlive website that IPOD AAC update is 5mb I thought it could be the divx addon
Patched now with Yaris..and now xbox plays acc within my ipod perfectly so it SHOULD be the aac update
I try also a divx (.avi) but it stops with error
It cannot be the same file 'cause it has been patched!!!
ps
Maybe is because its a HD divx files...but i don't think so.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:25:56 AM by NinjaAndry » Logged
wickwack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »

hmm carolina gamer had a video of xexloader on youtube where one of the applications under the nxe-demo menu was ftp server... dont know more than that but im guessing its a homebrew app and it may be up for release soon... aparently someone told him about it, he took that video down and put up another one where the applications on the demo menu are blurred.... im not sure i understand why there is so much secrecy about it but oh well
No_Name
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 02:54:14 PM »

hmm carolina gamer had a video of xexloader on youtube where one of the applications under the nxe-demo menu was ftp server... dont know more than that but im guessing its a homebrew app and it may be up for release soon... aparently someone told him about it, he took that video down and put up another one where the applications on the demo menu are blurred.... im not sure i understand why there is so much secrecy about it but oh well

WTF does this have to do with the Optional Media Update and the ACC updates??
Do you like hijacking random threads to post random $#!t in a topic about something else?
MastaG
Master Hacker

What have you done for me lately?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 06:37:58 PM »

Sean Combs aka Diddy Steps on Some Steamy Dog $#!t!

With all the unimportant news about rap beefs, retro dressing rappers, and who’s screwing who, I thought these pics were more than hilarious and newsworthy!

I understand. You found paradise in America, you had a good trade, you made a good living.
The police protected you and there were courts of law.
And you didn't need a friend like me.
But, uh, now you come to me, and you say: "Don Corleone, give me justice."
But you don't ask with respect.
You don't offer friendship.
You don't even think to call me Godfather.
Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder for money.
dak
Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »

Could some1 tell me a filename from the mediaupdate ?
Maybe i dont know all usual places, so this would help with google  Grin

Edit: the path in the 2nd post did it, sorry for not trying before posting
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:05:49 PM by dak » Logged
badwolf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »

there is a way to copy the media update to the internal memory of jasper 256/512? I have the file in my hd and want to transfer, but when I open the flash memory with the xexloader it shows me the 360 filesystem. is not as hard disk!
Blackaddr
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 09:17:52 PM »

there is a way to copy the media update to the internal memory of jasper 256/512? I have the file in my hd and want to transfer, but when I open the flash memory with the xexloader it shows me the 360 filesystem. is not as hard disk!

I'm not familiar with how the flash is partitioned but XeXLoader cannot see partitions or devices with no files on them (I think?).  Make sur eyou create a profile on the Xbox internal flash.  Once that is done, there should be a Content directory in the parition used for game save stuff.  Under the appropriate content sub folder is where you want to put the optional media files.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:16:45 AM by Blackaddr » Logged

360 Info Collection -> http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=12940.0

Do not take anything I say as gospel, use your own judgement, make your own decisions.

Please pay attention to which sub-forums are for Research and Technical discussion. The following are NOT for help with and troubleshooting existing hacks.
- Hardware (Technical)
- DVD-ROM Drive and Media
- Hard Disk
- Software (Technical)
badwolf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »

I tried the way you told me, but does not show folders in the flash memory. Another question is, how to transfer the avatar update from a original hd to another formatted in XBR? I have copyed the "$SystemUpdate" and "$TitleUpdate" folders on the root of the hd and have no sucess...
ReverseAffect
Xbox Hacker

360Reball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »

far as i know...$SystemUpdate is a folder in root with the updates in it...unless your not using the right update...

sick like a mofo..not reballing for a while...
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: