Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Alternate Spots For Falcon DB1F1 & FT1U2
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 11:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate Spots For Falcon DB1F1 & FT1U2  (Read 37647 times)
threesixtyuser
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 06:54:01 AM »

I know, so if we read correctly a Falcon board has that spot as well, eventhough general  layouts aren't the same.
Too bad, can't find a pic of a Falcon board's bottom to check this

Better just wait for zillionare's reply to which picture he was referring to Wink
ReverseAffect
Xbox Hacker

360Reball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 06:59:20 AM »

I know, so if we read correctly a Falcon board has that spot as well, eventhough general  layouts aren't the same.
Too bad, can't find a pic of a Falcon board's bottom to check this

Better just wait for zillionare's reply to which picture he was referring to Wink

hm weird but better.. last falcon board didn't have a pad there this falcon does and with some pre solder on it.Tongue
so your right, it would be the same spot but the traces run different to the SB....Smiley

notice where a falcons cuts to the left of where the transistor would be....the jaspers runs straight up and then to the left..
so now we have the first alt spot for falcon,zephyr and jaspers...yay....
thanks to threesixtyuser...for hiting me in the heat with it...lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:28:59 AM by ReverseAffect » Logged

sick like a mofo..not reballing for a while...
ReverseAffect
Xbox Hacker

360Reball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2010, 08:18:13 AM »

might as well show a 3rd alt spot for the falcons J2D2.2 to rf or bottom alt...(1)RF board (2)bottom of mobo (3alt spot) R2P12

threesixtyuser can you check this on a jasper?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:21:28 AM by ReverseAffect » Logged

threesixtyuser
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »

Sory, my Jasper is snuggled tightly into my case again and think you will understand if I won't take it out Wink but the resistor is at the same spot on the Jasper mainboard pic I have so reckon it should do as well
ReverseAffect
Xbox Hacker

360Reball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »

Sory, my Jasper is snuggled tightly into my case again and think you will understand if I won't take it out Wink but the resistor is at the same spot on the Jasper mainboard pic I have so reckon it should do as well
I totally understand this ...my jasper 256mb never even got it's seal broken so Tongue
and yes i am sure it should be the same......so now we have a few alt spots for zephyrs, falcons and jasper(s).
as for Xenon, we need not to look for alt spots, because if someone messes them 2 spots up,they should not solder no more...lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:26:54 AM by ReverseAffect » Logged

zillionare
Master Hacker

Global Modifier

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »

Not sure about jasper.....mine is a falcon and I used the point in the pic "circled in red on one and also circled in green on the other". same point

checked it with multimeter ....all good.

zil

Why buy one, when you can buy two for twice the price.
ReverseAffect
Xbox Hacker

360Reball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2010, 12:02:30 AM »

Not sure about jasper.....mine is a falcon and I used the point in the pic "circled in red on one and also circled in green on the other". same point

checked it with multimeter ....all good.

zil

yep that finalized it for the same differences, as in only the path reroutes, but not the connection itself, to the needed points...

firebuddie

Hardcore...you know the score

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »

Just wanted to say u guys rock for doing all this research in to alt points.  That FT1U2 is a cakewalk compared to that nonsense DB1F1.  And the alternative to RF board is great too...I was always getting issues with nipped wires when putting front casing on but not anymore.  Everything tucked up nicely under bottom board.  Though bringing the wires through cooper hole used for casing screw and which dvd drive leg sits on caused a few issues but hacking a bit of the dvd drive leg off with a hacksaw 'to relieve the pressure' sorted that out!!!  Got a spare bolt now if anyone is short?

Thanks again.  Your keeping the dream alive for a lot of peeps I'd say... Kiss
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:05:34 PM by firebuddie » Logged

WTFDIKRUK4S
ReverseAffect
Xbox Hacker

360Reball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »

well in a way you can say that small freaking almost pin-head of a spot needed more then one alt as you see...lol

and this,
Though bringing the wires through cooper hole used for casing screw and which dvd drive leg sits on caused a few issues but hacking a bit of the dvd drive leg off with a hacksaw 'to relieve the pressure' sorted that out!!!  Got a spare bolt now if anyone is short?

lmfao....sweet
but you could of,moved all the wires to the bottom for the jtag trick ...MR.hacksaw jones...lol

Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2010, 05:24:01 AM »

Not to mention that there are unused holes around i.e. the southbridge that you could'Ve routed the wires through.. and the board is meant to sit flush on the spacers for the case screws, having a wire in between will cause the board to bend more and possibly break solder points under the GPU eventually. Also, it may crush through the insulation of the wire someday and short out the system, possibly destroying the MB.. so I suggest you rethink that decision.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
firebuddie

Hardcore...you know the score

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2010, 03:40:03 PM »

oops i feel a dummmy now...again.. yeah off course all points needed are on bottom of board!!!.  That's what happens when you just follow pictures. But you know the score...had loads of issues with XBR working then not then messed up DB1F1 point, then LPT reading and writing nonsense...blah blah blah... your head gets pickled and you lose focus.  On another day with a clear head I would have kept it ghetto aka 'underground'.

Arakon@ fair point around casing hole spacer etc. I have a dollop of hot glue over wires acting as a buffer beween casing hole and wires...I also made sure the casing screws are tightened to minimum.  Thought I finally had it sorted for good... Huh    

PS This is what annoys me the most...you produce your best soldering job but then run into problems putting the effing thing back together without fecking things up!!!   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:46:47 PM by firebuddie » Logged

WTFDIKRUK4S
eriksson25

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »

Hi, Interesting thread, I thanks for the alternitive points. I need help!

I got this Jaspar box from my friend that had mesed up both DB1F1 and FT1U2. He even tried to scrape the trace and solder to it and failed. So know when I got it it is showing solid green light when booted nothing els. I have tried to remove all JTAG cables and reflash to orig nand same thing. I will post a pic of the point beneth and you can see if you can say anything. I have now installed the JTAG cables runing to the alternative point put up earlier in this thread. I have reflashed xbr and still same thing.

I belive its a shortning betwen the FT1U2 point and the ground on the board, but I cant cet the soilder away that he put down in it. If someone have any idees plese go ahad and post. Its dead as it is right now so I can try.....

/KG

http://yfrog.com/5vdsc02171hj
http://yfrog.com/58dsc02169ej
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »

First, shoot your friend. Second, get some desoldering wick, alcohol and clean up that mess. until you got that cleaned so you can actually see what is f***ed up, turning it off and on will at best fry the system for good.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
kickinass

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2010, 05:37:17 PM »

Hah, tell your friend to stay away from a soldering iron until he practices more and like arakon said, clean that up with desolder braid.
eriksson25

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »

Will get some wick and clean it up tomorrow. Will post pack with update.
MastaG
Master Hacker

What have you done for me lately?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2010, 04:52:23 AM »

dont need to see this picture anymore

I'm going to try this out on my troublesome Zephyr tonight and report back:)
Thanks for this.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:48:16 PM by Redline99 » Logged

I understand. You found paradise in America, you had a good trade, you made a good living.
The police protected you and there were courts of law.
And you didn't need a friend like me.
But, uh, now you come to me, and you say: "Don Corleone, give me justice."
But you don't ask with respect.
You don't offer friendship.
You don't even think to call me Godfather.
Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder for money.
razzy26uk
Master Hacker

www.360srus.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2010, 04:00:03 AM »

jesus freakin m$ but traced it down...lol---little bit of tracing from top to bottom but got it...

looking at the mobo under side and front of board facing you...
cant miss it look at the video ports left side and straight down Smiley

whew ,
peace

thanks man good find ` i was up all night after f***ing top and bottom ` used that point with 30awg going to in4148 (diode not directly to mobo)
and worked a treat ` only thing is the track that goes to FT1U2 got cut  ` the box works fine so is that track going to FT1U2 a test point ?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:04:04 AM by razzy26uk » Logged

hynix

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »

Quote from: ReverseAffect

P.S there's a total of 4 spots under the board and a total of 4 spots on top.......but 3 of each spots can't hold solder they are just test points..

Could you maybe tell me all the points? I have here a falcon board with broken FT1U2 and DB1F1 and if there are easier points then the point under FT2P4, I would like to use it.

Regards,

hynix
maysam

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2010, 05:25:56 AM »

hi
i used this spot for zypher and falcon.
not test on jasper but there is same spot on jasper bord (exactly same place and same form with vertical trace ) that work with multimeter and short with DB1F1 spot.
enjoy
Nunta
Master Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »

So i stuffed up my DB1F1 point last night, not realising it wasnt a hole and tried to shove wire into it. Ive made a perfect connection on what i think was FT1U2 but got E79. Is FT1U2 the big point under the board of my jasper or is it one of those 3 tiny ones above and to the right of the big one?Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  

Jump to: