- The lenght of the cable is 30cm
- Diode is soldered directly on the motherboard
- It's a brand new IDE cable (the one the you can use for connect the hard-drive)
- The cable isn't shielded but the ground of the circuit is connected directly on the screwhole of the xbox360 (according with this information --> http://www.free60.org/wiki/Reading_out_NAND
). Are you looking for this information or I'm wrong?!?!?
- The cable are in 2 pieces and in the middle there are 2 connectors. I have made the cable in this way because I can close the console and I can dump the nand without opening it everytime.
Looks like you have all bases covered, looks like something new.
A few photo's would be nice.
I'll finish this dump and I'll post some pictures
What kind of diode did you use?( it has to be a fast one like 1n4148)
Exactly this one 1N4148
If the pc fails could you unravel the ide cable?, maby take out the diode (you can short the two sides with a small wire wrapped around it if you are carefull and dont touch anything else)
Currently I'm dumping for the third time the nand... I'll try this at the last... Seems to be a little bit difficult
What kind of connector are you using between the two pieces of the cable?
It's a Compaq server connector. It was used for data transportation purpose.
Are all the differences in the unused FF FF regions?
Yes, they are all in the unused region. If you check my previously screenshot you can see in that area there are a lot of FF FF regions.
Have you ever had any trouble with your xbox?
I never had a problem with my xbox... Never send back to microsoft for RROD or something like that.
What country are you from?
I'm from Italy and I have a PAL console
Certainly is a difficult one to find, if it looks like a cat and miauws like a cat, well it probably is a cat.
Anyone else have any idea's?
Could the cable be to short?(timing)
Could it be undetected bad pages in the nand, Anyone?
Will check tomorrow if the pc is a go(guess=no, but will keep fingers crossed)
It's still dumping for the third times... but it's happened something strange from the second dump on the pc. Let me explain :
1) The first dump on the pc the xbox was off. At the end of the first dump the xbox, without any kind of external action, automatically switch on.
2) After a little bit the fans stop to spins (in the front the leds are still blinking) and I have started the second dump.
3) At the end of the second dump, I have compare the first dump and the second dump created from the desktop pc but they are different. In this case is normal because we know that everytime you switch on the xbox the nand dump change.
4) Now I'm dumping for the third time the nand but the xbox was on (like the second dump) for a little bit and switch off after 15 minutes without any kind of external action.
I'll let you a.s.a. the dump is completed...
Edit : Finished also the third dump... Nothing to do... All the dump done on the pc are different like the other completed on the laptops... I've launched the fourth dump, because like the first attempt on the pc, now the xbox it's again off...