Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/xbh360/public_html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
360 Surgery!!
XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 02:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 Surgery!!  (Read 1393 times)
freddy13uk

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »

Hi i have posted this elswhere and i have been advised this is the best place to come for in put for my plan!!!

i have 2 360s 1 has damaged mobo but had drive key and the outher has a working mobo but the drive key has been lost, is it possibe to swap the chip from the damaged mobo to the working mobo so i have a drive key. the boards are the same age pretty much and have the same ms25 drives. Which chip stores the key vault? Any thoughts would bee good.

Thanks
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »

You would have to swap the NAND and the CPU together.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
.ISO
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:18:10 PM »

To his last quesiton, the bootkey is stored in the embedded rom on/next to the CPU die.
The NAND also need to be swapped because it is encrypted with a unique per-box key stored in the keyvault
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:25:29 AM by .ISO » Logged

you wish gigaturd, as if you even know how to tell the difference between a disassembler and your vagina
Gigabite: A fool who think he is always right, and talk about how useless others are when he is really addressing to himself.
Gigabite agreeing with the statement:
p.s nice comment in your sig
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:55:20 PM »

no.
the keyvault is stored in the NAND.

I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.
freddy13uk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 05:19:16 AM »

My main aim is to make sure this is possibe, would anybody be able to post pictures of the 2 chips that need swoping as their seems to be a diffrence in opinion. i have a good idea but just want to make sure. As the processor is solderd in i was hopeing to lift it using a heat gun and a scaple. any tips?

thanks
Arakon
Administrator
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »

forget it. you will NEVER get 2 CPUs cleanly off with a knife and a heatgun, not to mention that it will be pretty much impossible to reattach them. the solder pads are extremely sensitive and the board will warp if you heatgun it that much.

zillionare
Master Hacker

Global Modifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »

better to buy a good used system. time, money and effort issue.

freddy13uk you can try this but the end result will prolly be (2) dead 3sittys as this takes lots of the above.

you could always sell the boards to recover some of your cost.

peace,
zil

Why buy one, when you can buy two for twice the price.
.ISO
Xbox Hacker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »

no.
the keyvault is stored in the NAND.

I meant the 2bl key  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:40:13 PM by .ISO » Logged

you wish gigaturd, as if you even know how to tell the difference between a disassembler and your vagina
Gigabite: A fool who think he is always right, and talk about how useless others are when he is really addressing to himself.
Gigabite agreeing with the statement:
p.s nice comment in your sig
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: