i'm having trouble updating my hacked 9199 dash to the latest version after using various methods seems that only way to get it to work is to use an original nand and go from there
1. Lets get this sorted: If i understand the start topic correctly you want to update to the latest hacked freeboot dash, correct?(Maby you could change the topic name)
2. Do you have bad blocks in the nand?, where?
3. How are you flashing?, e.g. Nandpro LPT/USB, Xellous, Linux
4. If you flash back the 9199 version does the xbox work correctly?
5. How did you extract the files from the 9199 bin?, if 360 toolbox, did you change the settings and use the files from the ibuild directorys?
6. What kind of xbox are we talking about? e.g. Xenon
7. Did you remove the power after flashing?
8. If you flash again try to wait until you get an error, give it a minute or 4.
The only parts of your original nand are located inside the Freeboot 9199 image, you can see those files as settings files and certificates, it isn't possible to recreate missing files but they can be replaced with working files for Freeboot.
Extracting files from the 9199 image, building a non hacked image with those and then extracting the files from that file will probably give you exactly the same files.
Xboxbreaker: With a non hacked SMC it should give you an error, looks more like a bad block or a bad keyvault(wrong extraction?)